“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

So it begins. . . .

I just packed my first 2 boxes of probably more than 100! My girls room now looks empty, it's kinda weird. I really never thought that we would be leaving this house. I think when we bought it we thought we would be here forever but we also didn't plan on having 2 more children or how much sharing the bathroom would become an issue. As we get closer to our closing date we are nervous but excited. We just saw the appraisal report last night and found out that this house was originally listed in January for $220k more than we bought it for! We never could've afforded that so we are grateful that it waited for us. We will still be here another month but I can't sit around and wait to get packing, I hate procrastinating! Plus with it all packed up there will be less to pick up. Lyndi is terrified of the noise the tape gun makes when I'm taping up the boxes. I just looked at her and said, get used to it you're gonna hear it a lot! I think she's over it.

3 comments:

Amma said...

Save some packing for me in Nov. You know how I love to do that. Are you sure you are up for company with the move and all? Love you much

Anonymous said...

I just packed up and cleaned out my whole house. Kept probably only 1/4 of it. So if you need help I would love to help you pack some boxes!

The Kleyn Family said...

How much are you gonna rent the house for? We have two different sets of friends that may need a place come the first of the year, but are wondering price? Email me sometime...thekleyns3@hotmail.com!
Thanks and good luck packing or should I say chucking things! :)