“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Friday, October 9, 2009

We bought a house!

We were trying not to get our hopes up but we fell in love with a house that is perfect for our family. The last week and a half have seemed to take forever but we just found out today that the bank accepted our offer and we close on the 28th! We are so excited to finally have the room that our family needs. I'm not sure how we will fill up 4000 square feet of home but I can't wait! We are glad that we will still be close to our friends and family, we are only going up the road to Brown & Ellsworth and we will be in Randy's parents ward again which will be fun. The house needs a few upgrades before we move in so we will probably be here until the end of November. The next 6 weeks are going to be full of packing and moving and decorating so we will be very busy but in a good way. This house has been so good to us, we love the friends we have made here and the great memories created in this house, it really has been a perfect home for us. I'm sure there will be some sadness as we leave but we know that this is the right thing for our family and for our future and hey, at least it's not Texas!

5 comments:

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

Congrats you guys! And I'm with you on Texas...

The Kleyn Family said...

Hooray! So excited for you....and hey, I know a guy that sees lots and lots of boxes everyday ;) let me know when you need some! Congrats!!!!

Marilyn said...

I'm so excited for you and so sad for us. We will really miss you guys. You have such a great family and you gotta do whats best for them. Let me know if you need any help with packing, cleaning, or just the general moving things.

Amma said...

I am sooooo happy for you guys. I know this will be so good for your family. MORE ROOM...YEAH. Praise God for His Faithfulness in answering prayers. Love this.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. Your famiy deserves all good things! I wish I could be here to help but I am so glad to keep following your adventures on your blog. Best of luck!