10 months ago
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Rocket Shoot & Camping Out
I am not sure how this tradition started but ever since I can remember our family has held a rocket shoot every New Years Day. I know it sounds corny but it really is a lot of fun. Randy spends a few days before building and repairing last years model rockets with the kids, then we head out to the desert and watch them fly. It has turned into quite a big event that we all look forward to. This year we had to find a new patch of desert since the one we have always used has finally been fenced off supposedly waiting to be developed. I am not giving away our new coveted spot but since we would be driving a little ways out of town and taking our camper to use as a potty, Randy & I decided pretty much last minute to make a camping trip out of it. That is no easy feat with a family this size, as we were rushing around that morning trying to get it all together I seriously wondered why we do these things to ourselves! I even had to haul the quads by myself, I don't know why I get so nervous about it, it really is no big deal! Anyways, this trip ended up being the best campout I can remember (besides the fact that Lyndi and I slept a total of 5 minutes that night). We got in some much needed family time, Logan hopped on his bike for the first time with no training wheels and took off like he'd been riding all his life, Darrin learned a valuable lesson about appreciating his family and we just had fun relaxing and playing together. As I was sitting there holding the baby watching my kids riding the quads and having fun I couldn't help but think how incredible it is that these are all my kids! It was just a neat moment to reflect on whats important in life and how grateful I am to be a mom. I am glad to have those moments once in awhile to get me through those not so lovely days. Here's to hoping 2009 will be a happy and blessed year for all of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment