Last weekend was our cub scout pinewood derby. I again was the derby widow the 2 weeks leading up to the big race as Randy was extemely involved in preparing for our Stakes pinewood derby. He does an awesome job and everyone loves how smoothly it all runs, I am just always glad when it is over and I can have my husband back! Amid all this he actually found time to help Ryan build his car and he was very proud to finally have a winning year. Ryan took 2nd place overall and 1st in his den. I was really proud of Ryan being a good sport about it all, all the boys had alot of fun, they all had the biggest smiles as they watched their cars race down the track.
In other news, everyone here is finally healthy again. For 2 weeks this cold bounced from one kid to another. I know having a big family that is bound to happen but for us it usually doesn't. I can only remember one other time when everyone was sick at once. Monday was the first day in 2 weeks when everyone went to school, I have had one or two of the kids home. I got busy trying to destroy the sick bug and cleaned my house from top to bottom, I even had the carpets cleaned yesterday. It is so nice to relax in my nice clean house! I am savoring the moment because I can guarantee you that somebody will spill something sticky today and all will be back to normal!
10 months ago


2 comments:
Glad you are all better! We miss you and being in that ward! We have our pinewood derby next month and it is not going to be the same. Scouting is on the way back burner here!
Cool car. This year was my first year in 8 years I didn't have to do pinewood derby car! But it is only a year break because I will be back at it next year. Glad you are all back to being well.
Post a Comment