“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rudolph's burnt out!

I had a very serious conversation with Logan yesterday. Apparently Rudolph's nose burnt out. Tell me it isn't so! He said, "it don't matter." How can it not matter? I explained that if Rudolph's nose was burnt out then Santa would not be able to find our house. He looked at me like I should have known better and said, "Santa will just give him a new one." Oh of course, it is just a light bulb, a red one Logan said. How could I have not known that. I remember being little and never doubting the Rudolph story but why did it not cross my mind that Rudolph's nose was a light bulb. To me it was red and glowed because that's just what it did, no questions asked. My kids are just too practical, there has to be a logical explanation behind everything. That obviously comes from their father, not me. I am happy just knowing that things just are the way they are, I don't need to know why. I thought Logan was too cute though. I told him we will just have to wait and see if Santa can get a new light bulb for Rudolph on time. I have a feeling he will, he's Santa, he (or she in our house!) can do anything!

No comments: