“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Friday, March 19, 2010

The grass isn't always greener

When we bought our house it came with a front yard full of dead grass and a dozen dead juniper trees. We are just too busy to spend every weekend doing yard work so we decided to go the easy route and do your classic desert landscaping. I really had to talk Randy out of even leaving a little of the grass. Now that we live in and HOA we are required to keep everything green and lovely or risk a fine so no grass it is for us. We spent 2 weekends with the help of a bobcat removing all the old grass and dead trees, planting new plants, adding landscape lighting, and 10 ton of new rock. We love the way it turned out, and knowing that it is very low maintenance is even better! Of course we can't do any project without some mishap so this time we decided to break the main water line to the sprinklers and flood the whole yard which then turned to a muddy mess. The funny thing is that living on a main street into our neighborhood, everyone can see what is going on, I think everyone slowed down to watch us as they drove by. Now that that's done, it's on to the next project-anyone want to paint a house?

2 comments:

Chelley said...

I am so envious! That is one thing I really miss about owning a home. I want to be able to make it mine. But, yay for you!! I hope the painting goes off without a hitch!! :D

The Kleyn Family said...

Sounds like loads of fun! Good luck with the painting :) (p.s. thanks for the clothes-I think-I'm assuming it was you. I love them!)