10 months ago
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Ugh!
Can I just say that I really loathe parent teacher conferences! I knew it would be really bad if I just didn't show up. I like to think that I am a responsible parent and I do take their education seriously but I was really not looking forward to today. You know what's great? When your kids move on to Jr. high and you don't have conferences anymore unless your kid is failing and it is necessary. I mean really, if they are doing fine then what's the point! At least this year all the kids teachers are older than me (that's getting harder the older I get!) but I have a hard time taking a teacher seriously when they don't have kids of their own. Bad I know but it's true isn't it? Don't you need some real life experience to really get it? So I knew one of my kids was really struggling with behavior issues, nothing serious just can't keep the 'ol mouth shut, can't sit still, can't follow directions, etc. But this same kid is an A student, is at the top of the class academically so maybe he is just bored? I know that he needs to learn to behave, it really is unacceptable but what do you do? The teacher seemed to be at the end of her rope and would really rather not be dealing with him. I guess there are other kids in the class with deeper issues at home that need more attention than he does, so basically we have no excuse for his behavior accept poor parenting! The thing is I love his personality! I know he is crazy at times but he is so full of life, is super out-going, is not shy like all the other kids, and is just fun. So I will try to help him to remember to behave, but remember that this is who he is and I love him just the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Okay..so I am pretty sure I know who you are talking about....And you can send him here anytime you want. Not that I would EVER be a better parent...I just like free kids! LOL (and it helps that he's so doggone cute) LOL
I hate parent teacher conferences too. Even when it is good news! You have great kids!
I too hated parent/teacher conferences. Even though I had just the one, it still was not pleasant. Sometimes I wonder about the teachers. I too think you have great kids!
What do they know...Just ask his grandma what a great kid he is. Sometimes I really think teachers don't want to be bothered. They need to teach and not just take up space for the day. If they kept him more interested and busy he wouldn't act up so much. He will do just fine. Pray for him everyday and his teacher and watch God do miracles with both. Love you much.
PS Don't question your parenting skills, you are the best mom I know. Love you much Kim.
Post a Comment