“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sick & Sicker

I think I'm running an infirmary here! Without fail the kids get sick about 3 weeks into the school year, every stinkin year! Kaela & Trev have had the stuffies all week and Ryan and Darrin are home today. Darrin is the worst, it is the same thing every time, looks and acts like strep throat but the test is usually negative. He used to get strep at least twice a year, we looked into getting his tonsils out but the ENT told us not to do it unless he had it like 6 times a year! I wish I would have pushed him to do it because this is ridiculous. Poor kid just wants to play football. He was ready to play this week, even with his bum hip and risking the possibility of needing surgery because he just wants to play! Then he gets sick and feels like he is on his death bed. He even said he can't believe a fractured hip won't keep him from playing but a sore throat will. Well it's more than a sore throat but it's true. Poor guy, it just stinks. Every year though he will miss almost a week of school, not a good way to start off the year. When I called the elementary school to let them know Ryan would be home today the lady asked if he had a fever. In my head I'm thinking well if I tell her yes they won't let him back to school for 24 hours after the fever is gone, that could be 3 days from now when he is really feeling fine or do I say no? Well I didn't lie, I said "I'm not sure, he just doesn't feel good." I haven't taken his temp so I really don't know if he has a fever, his head felt a little warm but he was bundled up under a blanket so I really don't know! Then she said she had to ask because of the swine flu, great so now we are under the radar as possible swine flu carriers! Just to be safe I read all about swine flu symptoms and I'm pretty sure we're clear but you may want to steer clear of the infirmary for now!