“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back to back birthdays

When it comes to family planning I'd say I did pretty good at spacing my kids birthdays throughout the year. I was lucky enough to be able to plan those kind of things. We celebrate a birthday every other month beginning with Kaela at the end of February and end with Trevor at the end of November. Our only hang up is April where we celebrate Lyndi on the 7th and Kyle on the 14th (Happy Birthday Kyle!). I wish they weren't so close together, I liked my orderly plan! I actually did plan that one well too. Lyndi wasn't supposed to be born for 4 more weeks in early May but thankfully fate intervened and she made it here alive and well. October is tricky too since we celebrate Darrin, Randy and then mine! This year seems to be another one where we celebrate a bunch of milestones. Darrin will turn 18, don't even get me started on that! Ryan turns 12 and becomes a deacon and Logan will turn 8 and be baptized this year, so exciting for us. It is scary to think that in just 3 years we will have a house full of teenagers! Fun times are definitely ahead!



Happy Birthday Kyle!

Our Bubba is 14 today! That is just so weird. I don't know why but it just doesn't seem like all that long ago. I can remember everything about the day he was born, he was a planned induction so I remember how nervous I was as we drove to the hospital and then waiting all day for him to arrive. He was absolutely the easiest baby. He was just so easy going, nothing ever upset him. As long as he had his bottle he was good. That is probably what made him earn his nickname because he was such a chub, weighing in at 24 lbs. at his 6 month check up. He was a big boy but oh so happy! It was so much fun being a mom to 2 little boys and Darrin was so excited to have a little brother. Now he is all grown up and loving life. I appreciate and admire all the goals that he has for himself, he doesn't want to wait for anything and is ready to get out there now! I hope that he will just take time to be a kid and enjoy the fun he is having with his friends. Happy birthday Kyle, we love you and are so proud of you!

No comments: