I guess when you already have a boat load of kids adding a couple more really doesn't matter. Last Friday I picked up my 3 year old neice and 5 year old nephew to stay with us for the summer. Some might call me crazy but you do what you need to do. Now we have a 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 year old, plus my 4 older ones! So far things have actually been really good. I think I am having a harder time adjusting then the kids! My ocd personality has a hard time with change so I am learning how to get everyone fed and bathed and dressed at the same time. Everyone gets along really good so thank goodness for that. I can tell you though that raising 7 kids is a piece of cake compared to 9 of them! My family might actually feel small once they go home! I have always believed there is a reason behind everything, I don't know what lessons will come from this (although I do know our decision not to have any more kids was the right one!) but I am thankful for the choices I've made in my life and that I have a very hard working husband who puts his family first above all else, thank you honey! It is nice to be reminded of the things we can easily take for granted. I don't think I am brave enough to venture out with everybody so I think we will be holed up in our house all summer, maybe I will take them all to my Mom's and let her have them for a week!
10 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment