“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We survived!

Moving is so not fun, I hope I don't have to do it again for a very long time! I love the opportunity to go through everything and get rid of all the stuff you don't need but the actual physical and mental exhaustion is way too much for me! A big, big THANK YOU to our wonderful friends who helped us hold it all together, and for everyone who helped us on moving day. We have great friends and family who worked tirelessly to get our house ready for us, we never could have done it alone. There is still much to do but I keep reminding myself that it doesn't all need to be done right now. For now we are just enjoying being here and hope that there will be many, many happy memories within these walls. We have already celebrated a birthday (Happy 4th Birthday Trevor!) and are looking forward to Christmas-although I'm not promising when decorations are going up, I have to find the boxes first!

3 comments:

The Kleyn Family said...

Seriously!!!!!! We need a picture! I'll be anxiously awaiting....and congrats on the move! brady was bummed he had to work for the big moving day, but let me know if I can help unpack! Again, congrats!!

The Tall Girl Cooks said...

I don't know what is worse. Packing or unpacking. I agree - moving is horrendous. But whattaya gonna do?

So glad things went well and you are now enjoying your new home!

Anonymous said...

Kim! I am glad that you made it! I know you will have your new place up and running in no time. I loved getting to know you and now we can be blogging buddies to stay in touch! Take care!