“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hurts so good!

A couple of months ago I ran across someone from my coupon site selling gym memberships as a fundraiser, basically you get 3 months for $20. I figured not too bad, I know I really need to drop a few pounds after having all these kids. Problem is the kids still come first and it's hard for me to take time away from them to go. Everyone still says you need to make time for yourself but if I was going to do something for me, going to the gym would not be first on the list! Last week we finally got around to going to the gym and redeeming the cards so our 3 months could start. I hate spending money and letting it go to waste so I've actually been going, very early in the morning when the kids are still sleeping or late at night when some have gone to bed. I bought Randy one too so either we go together which has been fun or we just go alone. If you know me I am not an exerciser, I never played sports, was never athletic, so it just doesn't come naturally to me. After going this last week I have to say I actually like working out, not group classes or anything, I'm way too uncoordinated for that-I've been doing the elliptical and jogging on the treadmill. Crazy I know! Right now it's not about losing weight although I hope that happens but when I focus on that I always fail! So I just love the way it makes me feel, sore and out of shape, sweating to death and breathless! When it hurts I know I am doing something good (no pain, no gain right!) Our life is beyond stressful right now, so I've found that it's a good release for me. I can feel my body and my brain telling me to go, mentally I need it! So here's to sore muscles and a clear mind and hoping things will get better soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kim. I need to jump on that bandwagon and get off my bottom! Nice job.

Chelley said...

Good for you! It's hard to find the motivation to take care of yourself. Love the beach pics too!