“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Date Night

Last Friday we had a great date night with our partners in crime, the Baileys. We had a such a fun time, just what we needed! We started off the evening having dinner at Toby Keiths new restaurant out at Mesa Riverview, we were even lucky (not really!) enough to be serenaded by the strolling guitarist, the food was good and although we were hoping Toby himself might just come walking in, well that didn't happen. We headed to ASU to see the musical production of Wicked, everyone has been saying how great it is so when tickets went on sale back in February I snagged us a few. I didn't really know what to expect, I hadn't heard any of the music and wasn't sure what the story would be about except that it had something to do with the Wizard of Oz. Whenever there is alot of hype about something I tend to stay away from it (i.e. Twilight) it's just never as good as what people say. I have to say that this was amazing. I love musicals and it has been fun to get to go to a few this year. I loved the story, so if you get a chance to see it, do-it was really great. After sitting for 3 hours we were ready for some fun! We were determined to not be home before midnight so we headed to Dave & Busters for dessert and some friendly competition! Of course I lost at all the video games, but I kicked Randy's butt at basketball so there! Of course he is never one to be out done by me so he had to go and win 500 tickets and the wheel of fortune game. What a great time, our life is a little crazy right now so it was definitely fun to hang out and laugh, thanks B's for a great night, it was so much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a super fun night! Don't know love those great date nights?

Darin and Jena Bailey said...

I will post the pictures of all our winnings on my blog. I should of emailed them to you!! Did you guys take a picture of the singer at the restaurant?