11 months ago
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Lil' Sprouts
In more ways than one, everything is sprouting up. It is exciting to see little green sprouts coming up in the garden, I hope they will eventually grow into veggies we can eat. I haven't killed the tomato plants yet so that's a good sign! Thankfully Randy added drip to the garden so I don't have to remember to water it because honestly I never would, that is probably the last thing on my mind. We have always had a tradition to track the kids growth on the inside of one of our doors. When we sold our first house we actually had to go back and transfer the lines to a pvc pipe we still have out in the garage. When we eventually move again we will have to come up with a better idea but we still love to see how much they have grown. Sunday we lined them all up and took measurements again, Trevor surprised us all by growing 3 inches this past year. Lyndi has also grown that much in just the last few months! I am about to be past up in height by my oldest son, so weird! He is about 1/8 of an inch shorter than me so I expect by next week he will have passed me by. Ryan is the same height at 9 years old that Kyle was at 10 so I am sure he will end up being taller than his brother. One of the neatest things is that when my dad was alive we marked his height on the door, at 6'7" he was just below the top of the door. Being able to visualize him that tall is bittersweet, but it keeps his memory close to our hearts. So everything and everyone is growing up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love that you have your dad's height on the door! What a great memory for the kids...esp to see if they will grow as tall as him. What an excellent way to keep him in their lives! Can't wait to see you all this weekend! Love, Shari
lol your baby is so cute i love her hair at cherch and happy st patricks day
Oh please I killed an air fern, so I know you didn't get a green thumb from me. Love you.
Post a Comment