10 months ago
Monday, February 16, 2009
Snow Day!
Saturday we took a day trip with the Bailey's to play in the snow. We have never taken the kids to the snow before so they were all super excited. I think we went to every Goodwill in a 50 mile radius looking for snow gear and boots and were actually pretty lucky with what we found. Randy's sister had a lot of snow stuff too so we were all outfitted for the cold. We found a great place just outside of Payson with tons of snow and a great hill for sledding. We spent close to 4 hours sledding, building snowmen and just having fun. It was great to watch all the kids play in the snow. Trevor would hike his little body up the hill and then just start running down, fall, get up and run some more, fall again and repeat until he made it down the side of the mountain. Ryan was so proud of the ramp he made, Darrin did a good job catching air off of it too. Kaela and Kyle built their first snowmen and even I made my brave self sled down the hill, I haven't laughed that hard in awhile! Logan thought everything was "Awesome!" and spent his time playing chicken with everyone sledding down the hill. Randy was not quite so brave, but we did enjoy his hot chocolate. Besides dealing with car sickness (sorry B's we owe you!) it was a great day, with great friends and I know the kids will remember this for a long time. We are already looking forward to next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
We love snow days!! We try to go every year and haven't found a saturday to go yet. We may not get one this year! :( I am glad you were able to do this with your kids and I love the pics!
How fun! I can't wait till the boys are a little older and then we can try to do this. I'm not even going to attempt it right now!
Is Jena wearing a fireman's coat? lol!
Post a Comment