Three years ago today my dad passed away after a long and very courageous battle with cancer. Although the pain of losing him has subsided, I still miss him more than ever. Life is never quite the same when someone you love is gone, especially when they hold such a big piece of your heart. My dad was such an incredible person, he seemed to have the answer to everything and I miss being able to ask for his advice. He loved being a grandpa, or Papa as the kids called him. Darrin & Kyle have great memories of him, but my little kids will never know him. I hope I can keep his memory alive for them and be able to share with them just how much he loved them. I don't want to be sad today, I want to be grateful for the time we did have because I know that we will be together again. I love you dad!
10 months ago

5 comments:
That is a sweet tribute to your dad! I am sure you were a great comfort to him too!
Losing a close loved one is so hard...I'm finally experiencing that for the first time myself. It hurts a lot, but then I remember that we'll see them again. Not that that assurance makes me stop crying, but it helps the healing. I'm sorry you lost your dad, but I'm inspired by your decision to celebrate his life and carry his memory with you and share it with your future generation!
Very sweet post of your dad. I remember when my dad got sick and eventually passed on. Like you, I try not to be sad but to remember the good memories we had together. Thanks for the post.
I enjoyed that tribute so much. My father will be 82 this year. He had a pacemaker put in and is still very very tired. In just the last few years, his health has deteriorated and I need to spend as much time as possible with him and my Mom. I guess losing loved ones is part of our mortal journey but without the gospel, I think it would be unbearable. I am glad you are celebrating his life even though you will always miss him until you get to hug him again. I am so close to my father so I know how you feel. There is something special about Dads & their daughters. Thanks for the photo and the opportunity to get to know a little bit about your special Dad.
The few times I met your dad, I was very impressed with the kindness and love he showed to all of you. I was also impressed with his decision to make the most of his life with what little time he knew that he had left. I'm sure that you have made him very proud with the things that you have chosen to do with your life!
Post a Comment