“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh the joys of Motherhood

So the baby is screaming, the doorbell rings (it is my friends SIL dropping off her little girl) I grab Lyndi out of the exersaucer run to get the door and in my friendly way invite everyone in. I am sure to their horror they point out that I have baby poop all the way up my arm and Lyndi is covered from her waist all the way up her back! How do I not notice this? I was only holding her a few seconds but still, yuck! She offers to help but I politely shoo her out the door explaining that this is a daily occurrence here. And no I did not bother to take a picture of that. Just before then the other little girl runs in the house yelling that the dog is eating a bird and runs back out to save it! I go to inspect the situation and sure enough the dog is nuzzling (not eating!) a dead bird. Gross, gross, gross! What to do, I can't leave it there so I go to grab a grocery sack thinking I'll use the shovel and throw it away. Wait, that won't work because I cant hold open the sack and then I would have to carry it to the garbage, yuck! OK, grab the kitchen garbage can (that needs to go out anyway) get the shovel, eeeew, the bird is newly dead as in not stiff yet which makes it even harder to scoop up. Triple gross again! At the same time I am having to explain to the two little ones watching me that the birdie went to heaven, even though its eyes are still open. Can I just say good job to my dog. Finally she does something about the bird problem plaguing my house. Although I am not convinced she did it, maybe it fell out of our tree, who knows! It's only 10:30 so I'm not sure what to expect for the rest of the day, let's hope it's much more uneventful. By the way, Mom, I found a 22 lb. turkey, aren't you proud of me! I dug to the very bottom of the freezer and scored the biggest turkey they had. I don't know why but I always feel like I win the lottery when I get that bird!

2 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

haha! I love it! You aren't a true mom until you've walked around with poop on yourself and didn't even know it.

Amma said...

Hey Kim good multi tasking. You haven't lived until you can be covered with poop and still save the day scooping up dead birds. Maybe you should have just gone outside and stood there for awhile and that would have gotten rid of all the birds. Cherish these moments for shortly they will all be gone and the only poop you are cleaning up will be that of yourself and your husband. I know YUCK YUCK YUCK. Actually I think you are supposed to clean up your parents poop at some point. Hey good job on the Turkey hunt. I can't tell you the number of birds I had to go through to find a 23 pound one. I wanted a 26 since you know how much I love left overs, but no such luck this year. I almost settled for 12 cornish game hens, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Next year HOMETOWN BUFFET......Wish I was there or you here. Love you much. Keep up the good work.