“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Newest Member of our Family

A few weeks ago, just out of the blue Logan said he wanted a pet. We decided that a fish would be the best pet for him but he was going to have to earn it. At school he has the opportunity to earn a sticker every day for good behavior, this has been hard for Logan! I told him if he could earn his sticker every day for a week I would take him to get a fish. It took 2 weeks but last week he was able to do it, he got lucky because Tuesday was a holiday! I knew he had been trying really hard and I wanted this so badly for him. Really I would have just gone and bought him a fish but I knew this was a learning opportunity for him and I wanted him to feel the joy of having worked hard for something. Friday night we loaded up all the kids and headed to the pet store where Logan picked a Beta fish and some "toys" for the fish. I was really proud of all the kids making Logan feel good about doing a good job at school. As we were leaving Logan was doing a little dance in the parking lot and singing "I'm the fish boy", it was so cute! So now along with our 2 dogs we have a fish, Finn. Good Job Logan!!

2 comments:

Chelley said...

That's a cute story! I love it when the kids support one another. It makes them so proud of their achievements!

Amma said...

Good job Logan. I am so proud of you earning your new fish. I have had a Beta fish fo about 3 years now. The secret, forget to feed them for a few days. I had to move mine into the kitchen so I could remember to feed him. Mine is red. I love you and miss you. Give all of your brothers and sisters a hug from me.
Love always,
Amma