“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School


Darrin, the SENIOR!!


The Franklin NE Firebirds!


Ryan, 6th Grade




Logan 3rd Grade


Trevor, Kindergarten


Kaela, 5th Grade

This year the first day of school brought a lot of mixed emotions. I really enjoyed having the kids home during the summer and just being lazy! We had fun days at the pool, a few trips to Show Low, fun at the beach over 4th of July, and really no place to be and nothing to do. As my kids get older I realize I have less and less time with them so I really tried to enjoy being with them. I do love me a clean house though so the first day back I scrubbed away, and it actually stayed clean all week! With school, brings football practice so now we are back to our crazy, hectic life! Oh well it was fun while it lasted. This year my oldest is a Senior (how the heck did that happen!) Trevor started all day Kindergarten and my baby girl is in preschool 3 days a week. That leaves me HOME ALONE!! Most moms look forward to this event, I have been dreading it. I have never in 17 1/2 years had my days to myself. I really don't know what to do with myself. As much as the kids make me crazy at times, I love having them around and I'm just not ready to have them all gone!



Logan's Baptism Day


Logan turned 8 and was baptized on July 16th by his Dad. We had a lot of family and friends come to celebrate this special day with him. We are so proud of Logan and his choice to be baptized!



Happy Birthday Ryan!

Just before school started we celebrated Ryan's 12th birthday. He is so excited to be 12 and to join the Young Men at church. It is hard to believe that he is 12 already, I am having a hard time with my kids growing up! Ryan is so fun to have around! He is kind and compassionate, patient, quiet and very inquisitive. He loves football and is learning to be more agressive, that doesn't come naturally to him. He is very respectful and tries his best at all he does. We love him and are so happy he is a part of our forever family! Happy Birthday Ryan!!



No comments: