“May we . . . demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

-Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Girls Night Out

This weekend was our wards annual Father & Sons campout. I have to say that I look forward to my husband and boys being gone waaaaaay to much! Not only do we girls get to play but I actually like missing my family because it reminds me of how much I really love them! (Isn't that sweet!) Jena and I took the girls to the mall last night to do a little shopping. I can't remember the last time I was able to just casually walk around, usually I am running in and out for something and don't get to browse. We enjoyed riding the carousel (two times!), looking at the outrageously overpriced but cute puppies, finding new clothes for the next school year (I know a little early but when you're a mom of 7 you'll understand!) and eating a yummy but loooong dinner at the Cheesecake factory. We came home and put a movie on and just enjoyed our peace & quiet! I don't realize just how loud it can be around here until everyone is gone, it was actually a little too quiet. The boys had fun together too and we are glad that everyone is back home safe and sound. I wonder if I could convince them to make this a monthly outing?

Kaela & Nickola strike a pose!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when the boys get to go away for a night and I get my Zoey all to myself too. Glad you got to have such a great evening.

AZ Larsens said...

I can't wait till my boys get a little older, then Josh will be brave enough to take them camping too! Then I'll be (gasp) by myself! I forgot what that's like...lol